Because I have home-educated for the past eight plus years now, I have a bit of hard-earned experience under my belt. I often say God used the early years of our Home Education to bring up my worst so He could ultimately draw out my best. Nothing has refined my spirit more than home educating my children. It has become one of the greatest delights in my life to be home with my boys, learning and growing together.
I love helping other families find their way and succeed (and hopefully avoid some of the troubles that come with inexperience or lack of preparation). When I speak to Home Educating Groups, I share about our journey, but I mostly focus on equipping them with practical tools they can use to determine their approach, select resources to support their choice and continue to educate when obstacles come along. My home education talks include:
- Deciding Whether Home Education is for Your Family
- Determining Your Approach to Home Education
- Finding Resources to Support your Approach
- Forming Your Homeschool Mission
- Home Educating the Strong-Willed Child
- Getting to Know Charlotte Mason – An Overview of Her Principles and Methods
- Surviving Homeschool Burnout
- Planning Your Homeschool Day, Week and Year
- How to Include Art, Music, Nature Study and Handicrafts in Your Child’s Education
- Putting the Blinders On: Stop Comparing Yourself and Start Defining Yourself
- Lighten Up and Learn!
If you are interested in having me speak to your Home Educating Group or at your Conference, contact me for availability: